In 1954 a group of local sportsmen from Daisytown Borough & Cover Hill in Conemaugh Township, Cambria County, Pennsylvania got together and started a discussion on starting a sportsmen’s club for their region.
The original meetings were held at the Daisytown Fire Co. # 18 facility.
In July of 1955, the Daisytown Sportsmen’s Club was incorporated and acquired the farmland in Conemaugh Township, just a few miles from the place where it originated. This is where it exists today.
The main thrust of the early club years involved mostly rifle shooting events. As years passed the club developed an interest in trap shooting and eventually, two trap ranges were built.
Today the club has two regulation/competition trap and a .22 silhouette range. In addition, there is an outdoor high power rifle & also a pistol/muzzleloader range.
There is an additional pistol range that has now been completed. This range provides local police and military organizations with a range to complete required firearms qualifications.
The club to date has been open to public membership and has over 800 members.
The club policy has grown to one that supports the community it serves, shooting sports of all types, promotes firearms safety, and is very much growing in the education of youth in hunting, shooting and safety.